Thursday, December 02, 2004

Here's What I've Done So Far

Hi guys, sorry for the needy blog, thanks for the responses though. I thought I'd let you know what I've done. I'm mainly using a powerpoint presentation as it can do fade ins and outs of images at different parts of the screen. Here's my order:
  • Opening migration dance: first footage of Annie talking about her old home, then Kelly talking about how her friends and family make her think of home, then Julia saying things in Italian (hopefully not rude, as I can't tell, I'm sure it's not tho….), then Philippa's fake testimony of living on a cloud and being brought up on a pirate ship!!!
  • Home: as a lot is said about fires in this scene I have three beautiful images of a fire close up which fade in and out of each other to be screened throughout
  • Barriers: it starts with the close up of a foreign departures board, sorry guys couldn't find a picture of the board at waterloo, which you all look at for a moment or two, then it says "all trains cancelled, sorry for any inconvenience caused" which stays up throughout the scene
  • All the next scenes up until 'the perfect home' I have a light blue background with images of stations, signs, etc., fading in and out at different parts of the screen.
  • A perfect home: Philippa's highly unrealistic dream home! Which I think you make images of homes in front of.
  • The scene in the toilet will have what Annie suggested in the background, a ladies toilet close up with people going in and out throughout, maybe at speed
  • The gypsy speech will have two images of projected travelling homes to be ironic and keeping in with Philippa's Volvo Estate idea
  • Then back to the toilet, hopefully on a loop
  • Costa coffee: images of Starbucks and McDonalds
  • Huddling together: a recurring image of the same fire from the very beginning as a home image AND an image of warmth
  • Sorry Alice, the idea of images of people with a line between them is far too hard to create, I have tried and it looks rubbish! So throughout the ticket office queue I'll prob have footage of people but with no sound up until the end of the second Costa Coffee.
  • There will be nothing throughout the station concourse with people saying they can't go home any more to emphasise the scene.
  • End migration dance: footage of people simply staring at the camera saying nothing, then black.
  • END

Sam Wood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home