Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Feedback

Here's the feedback I didn't get a chance to mention:

  • Phil your tone and speed of delivery is perfect, you bring a lot to the piece, but you need to be louder. There will probably be a lot of laughs from the audience in your scenes, so be prepared to leave pauses while they laugh before your next line (Kim should be aware of this as well). When you say 'Lucky heather?' to Kim, try holding out both hands as though you actually have the heather in them, at the moment it just doesn't look convincing. Really liked the bit where you took out your mobile when saying "Yeah, we gypsies are crazy about being mobile" and how you played about with it during the rest of your conversation - keep it up! Finally, in the migration dances be conscious of your walk, as you put your hands out slightly and sway too much. Keep it very neutral.
  • Julia I really liked the way you did the travelling gesture after Kim did it in the gypsy scene, it looked fantastic. During the Barriers scene, I think it's you that has the phone converstaion in Italian? But seriously, I can't hear you! Come to the front of the stage if you must, but really raise your volume.
  • Kelly you're doing some lovely work in terms of gesture imitation within your scenes, keep it up.
  • Annie perfect. Pace, tone, speed, pauses, placement, gesture work. You = fab. Another thing that I nearly applauded was the way you raised your voice when you delivered lines away from the audience. Everyone should do this.
  • Rachael Loving the emotion that is coming through in your lines, but you need to be louder.
  • Claire I want to thank you for the brilliant work you've done with music. It's perfect. I do, however, have reservations about having music when Phil says her jigsaw speech in the toilet scene. I don't know what Lauren thinks, but I found it was too much. Also, I think the musical interludes should last a good 7-10 seconds to give everyone a chance to move about the space and do their gesture sequences.
  • Everyone In the last migration dance, don't wait for Annie to start, all start at the same time.

Ok, enough from me for now! Well done again, both Lauren and I we're really impressed and thankful for all the effort you guys have put in.

See you tomorrow!

Alice Hansen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home