Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Smells and Perfumes

Me and Kim are on the same wave length when it comes to washing powders! Since I can remember my mum has always used Persil washing powder, and it's not so much the result of cleanliness but more the smell. I love it when the washing is put on the radiators to dry on a long winters evening, when it's just getting dark and the street lights are being switched on and you walk in to your house and you can smell a fresh, clean smell... It makes all the difference.

The perfect house for me in 31 years time, would have to be in Italy. It would be huge, because I intend on having a large family, (four children). It will have high ceilings and big rooms and a huge fireplace made out of mortar stones. We will continue lighting the fire until March, because I love the smell of woodsmoke mixed with cold Winter air. It will be full of memorabilia from far away places... Buddhist statues, African paintings, rugs from Mexico, carvings from India, to remind me of all the beautiful places we'd visited... I'd have wooden floors with sheepskin rugs everywhere to retain the warmth and beams running across the ceilings... I'd want the house to always be full of noise and chaos, with children and grandchildren coming to visit and friends and relatives coming to eat...

Ummmmm... Anyway, I really could go on for ever so I'll leave it here. Hope it's useful!

Julia Angeli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home