Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Singing Memories

(2 Blogs in 2 days, Amazing!)

Whilst sitting in Egham train station, myself and the delightfully vocal Claire were discussing the idea of using home-related songs in the performance, and we suddenly burst in to beautiful harmony singing, from the Dawsons Creek Album, 'Feels Like Home' by Chantal Kreviazuk (what a name!). One of my friends once said to me that this song reminded her of car journeys with her family, on their way to their holiday destination in the summer before her Dad left. And I remember a similar car journey with her family stuck in a traffic jam in the hot car and having a conversation with some boys in another car close to us and I'm sure this was one of the songs playing.But anyway, I'm sure as we've found there are many evocative home related songs that are personal to us, and instead of just playing them I think we should find every vocally talented person in our class and sing them, maybe making a collage of ones that are particularly special to us, even singing them over the top of each other, creating a more eerie, sick feel, simulating homesickness.So the question is, other than myself and Claire's amazing musical talent, can anyone else sing or hum in tune and do you think the idea might work?

Annie Rook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home