Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Pyjamas?

My new role as costume lady, has led me to thinking what on earth are we going to do for costume. I think we need to have something that links us all together within our costume, particularly if we decide to play only one character between us. I think the old, 'lets all dress in black' idea would be a little boring and wouldn't leave us much scope for our piece.

Are there different clothes that we particularly link with home? I remember talking to Claire (again) and her home-home is only a few miles away from me so we shop for clothes in the same shopping centre and when we realised this it made us smile. Maybe there are clothes that have been made for you by someone special for example my friend's ma made her a Poncho, and I brought in my shammy coat as my homely object.

I even though maybe all wearing PJ's or dressing gowns would represent that we always have home in our thoughts. And a definition of home sickness is 'a pre-occupation with home-focused thoughts.' which this would show brilliantly!

I wondered what clothing everyone else related with home?

Annie Rook

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that's a brillian idea for the pyjamas, i think we should do that, it would be abstract and would alienate the audience which I'm sure suspect culture love... sam wood

3:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home