Monday, November 29, 2004

Nia's thought of the Day!

What a productive day we had today folks! It finally felt like all the random ideas and quirky little things we had come up with had finally come together in the form of Dan's super script! I think now our main challange is to really make this performance what we like to call Suspectcultureish! The video watching sesh today really helped and I think that we really took a lot away from it with plenty of ideas that need incorporating in our piece...I think Lauren was going to post most of this and I don't want to steal her thunder! (Plus I'm sure she will make a lot more sense than my babble!) but I think basically we need to work on gestures - big time! We already have the touching our throat gesture which I feel could be used a lot more in the piece... without overdoing it though!... maybe at the end of the migration dance when we all arrive at university? as this is where I think all of us have felt homesick. I think that we also need to start working with the sound and media asap (Claire power!! Sam power!!) and Suspect Culture appear to integrate this totally into their work, like doing their gestures in time to the music and lip-synching alongside the projections... what else... ooo yes... stage space... are we using props at all? maybe a few stools or something? might jazz things up a bit! the stage sometimes to me looks a bit cluttered... Some things I like with a lot of people, like the migration dance, but others I feel need maybe not less people but maybe less people doing things all at once!... does that make sense?!... anyway I've rambled on for way too long now and I'm sure you're all bored of reading this! keep up the good work guys!

Nia Johnston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home