Sunday, November 14, 2004

Lament

In case there is a bit of confusion about the silences in Lament that are used to replace words I think Dan wrote in his essay that these are ideas and aspects of idyllic, unaffected rural-esque life that have been almost phased out by the modern world. Almost like Latin or something, things that we would not understand or would never have come across. I hope that makes sense!

Also, I thought of possibly another sheet idea, it might be a bit naff and we might reject it but what if we all stood in a line with the two people at the front ducking as they walk, with the sheet over all of us. Then if we moved around the space in a follow-the-leader fashion our shape and movements could suggest a caravan? moving home? catch my drift?!

And another thing (sorry) if i do get chosen to do media I was presuming that would be projection, and for those of you that saw Dan's play Here's What I did with My Body One Day I'd like to incorporate abstract images like the ones seen. Maybe hint at settings rather than present them realistically. I've never thought of experimenting with projection before but Dan's play was quite inspirational!

Sam Wood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home