Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I've Been Thinking...

...mainly about Blogging! And of course Suspect Culture!

As Kelly mention, in Timeless the characters are separated across the stage, and they sit at tables, showing a bar, just like our bar scenes... is anybody thinking what I'm thinking? We use a tall table and some chairs on the set? I don't know if that's possible but I thought it might make our set a little less sparse and would give us something to work with.

The other thing I've been thinking about is costume, being costume lady, and I love everyone's idea of having something everyday on top of our PJ's. My girl character seems to be an independent travelling type so I was thinking of wearing a small, but very full rucksack on my back (symbolising the whole home on your back, snail type thing!). So I've been looking through the script thinking of things that would suit other characters. Phil definitely needs something to present the idea of a liar, the fur (or expensive if no one has fur) coat is mentioned in the script but maybe big expensive jewellery as well. Did anyone have any ideas for their character(s)?

Plus Lauren wanted us to think of more homesick gestures and thinking back to the discussions we had about how it felt to feel homesick, maybe holding the stomach and bending over slightly, would show the sick feeling some people described. Or as Ian does in Timeless, using his rubbing the back of his neck gesture, showing discomfort (I just wrote uncomfortableness!). I think that means its time for me to stop talking!

Annie Rook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home