Thursday, November 11, 2004

Input from Mars!! [sic]

I don't actually associate any smells of household cleaning products with home. I guess an obvious one would be the smell of fabric softener though, those guys sure know how to capture heaven in a woolly jumper! why does it feel so good to put a soft, fragrant, big jumper on when you're cold?

Another thing I'd like to mention is a bit of a wierd one. I finally realised I live away from home and am self-dependant when I replaced the toilet block in my cistern! I realised I've never done that before! How strange? And this one's not so much cleaning product related but cleaning related, when I bleach the floor in my en-suite I use a method of drying the floor that my dad taught me and which therefore makes me think of him. I put an old towel on the floor and shuffle around with it on my feet, drying the floor as I go! I'll give you a demonstration next lesson if you're at all unclear as to how this is carried out!

Maybe the reason I don't really associate cleaning products with home is the fact my dad is always changing the products he uses, he's a house-husband by the way, he always buys products that are on offer "two for the price of one" and all that jazz, so there isn't a product which he's stuck with really. My dad's brilliant!

I've never owned a slinky I'm afraid but was always jealous of the kids that were given every toy that's ever been popular!

The home I'll live in when I'm fifty will be self-cleaning so i don't have to get up off my arse! No not really!.... I think I'll own so many cats so there will be cat hair everywhere and I'll complain about it all day but I'll never stop getting more and more cats. Maybe I'll have some puppies too.I'll have a massive sofa that you sink into when you sit on it. Also I'll have a massive television with a Bose (TM) sound system and a huge working fire. I'll have a four poster double bed and a huge bath that the water tank will have trouble filling up! I'll hopefully live in Wales in some remote area with my husband/wife and maybe we'll have some kids too.

As for the "home" images, I think a thought provoking image would be a load of our group huddled up with the sheet round them and only their eyes showing. This could represent your idea of immigrants' travelling places that become homes or just people struck with poverty. Mybe each of the people in the huddle should look around at the audience, looking into their eyes to provoke unsaid responses.

Sam Wood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home