Sunday, November 07, 2004

Here's what you need to know...

Well to start I can't really think of any house cleaning products that remind me of home, but I did bring Woolite with me, which is a clothes washing detergent for fabrics that need extra care. I have always used it - probably because my mom has always used it - and I wasn't sure if I would be able to find it here.

I do not have a slinky.

In 50 years I want to be living in a brownstone in an old city (Boston, New York, London). I want it to have wooden floors that I can cover in rugs from all of the places I have been to and a really big kitchen with stainless steel appliances. I want the walls to be covered in paintings and corners to be occupied by sculptures that I have personally picked out from various galleries around the world. I also want there to be extra bedrooms that are warm and welcoming so that friends and family can feel at home when they come to visit. I think it would also be best if there was a balcony or roof access so that I can have a bit of a garden and a place to sit outside when
it is warm.

As far as the sheet and stick 'home' the only image that really comes into my mind is everyone huddled together under the blanket. Maybe something like one of those pictures where there is a big group so some people are behind and everyone's arms are overlapping and then have the blanket covering them all around so all you can really see are the faces. I don't know what we could do with the sticks, possibly just arrange them in a circle formation around the group. Seeing something like this would remind me of the weekend days when I was a really little kid and my brothers and I would climb into my parents bed and we would all fit under the covers. My parents would usually be reading and my brothers and I would just pester them until they got out of bed and played with us.

Hope that helps!

Lauren Abend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home