Sunday, November 07, 2004

Don't Leave Home

Tuesday this week I was feeling a little poorly sick suffering from that dastardly freshers flu!! and it was then that for the first time since I've been here that I felt truly homesick. I think it was the fact that normally when I'm ill my mum will rush out and get me some medicine (usually Calpol... ok it's for kids but it's just yummy!) but here there was no one really to do that for me and all I really wanted was a hug and to be in my own bed at home! :( This got me thinking about our project and I thought that maybe we could stage part of it in a doctor's surgery?! This idea fits in with that of liminal spaces and we could also incorporate some of the comments from last lesson's discussion on how it feels inside when we are homesick

I also agree with a few of the group's suggestions (I think it was Claire and Annie) to use live music in the piece, I think this would be more effective as when a song is sung or even just spoken we truly listen to the words and the tone in which it is expressed can convey different emotions and create atmosphere more, rather than when it is simply played over a sound system. The suggestions of songs so far are great and also Dido's Don't Leave Home has some nice lyrics in it

If you're cold I'll keep you warm
If you're low just hold on
Cause I will be your safety
Oh don't leave home
Where I would like to live when I'm 50....
Living in the oh-so-exciting Flint (it's named after a rock, get the picture?!) in wonderful North Wales has never been for me the place I see myself living in for the rest of my life. Ever since I was quite young I have always wanted to move to the USA so hopefully when I'm 50 I see myself living there in a nice little house with those white picket fences and little trees dotted all the way along the pavement! ok so maybe my view of America is highly idealistic and based on films I've seen because I've never actually been there! I think that wherever I end up I would simply want to be a settled down with a dishy husband!! and some luvly jubly kids and my house would be really cosy with lots of family photographs and drawings that my children had done when they were about five dotted all over the place even though they're all grown up now!

Well happy blogging guys I'll be back in no time to post some action packed ideas!

Nia Johnston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home