Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sing Me Back Home # 2

Your musical suggestions for 'home' songs:
  • 'Home on the Range' (various)
  • 'Sweet Home Alabama' Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • 'Feels Like Home' Norah Jones
  • 'Our House' Madness
  • 'In My Place' Coldplay
  • 'My Little Town' and 'Blues Run the Game' Simon & Garfunkel
  • 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' [?]
  • 'Daydream Believer' The Monkees ['... and a homecoming queen'!]
  • Polonaise Chopin [Anna to supply more information]
  • 'Little Girl Blue' Janis Joplin
  • 'Next Year' The Foo Fighters
  • 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' Peter, Paul and Mary

Then I asked for songs that took you back home:

  • 'Όμορφη Θεσσαλονίκη' [Omorfi Thessaloniki] (various)
  • 'Drive' Incubus ('reminds me of all my boyfriends')
  • Tapesty Carole King ('we always had it on the car stereo coming back from holiday')
  • Anything by The Beatles ('you can't avoid it if you come from Liverpool')
  • 'Slave Song' Sade
  • 'Mercedes Benz' and 'Me and Bobby McGee' Janis Joplin
  • Anything by The Eagles ('my dad')
  • 'Chariots of Fire Theme' Vangelis
  • 'Sinner Man' Nina Simone
  • Rhythm of the Saints Paul Simon
  • 'In Da Club' [?] 50 Cent ('when I was in LA every party I went to it was always playing')
  • 'Yellow Submarine' The Beatles
  • 'Strange is this World' Czesław Niemen
  • 'Last Summer' Lost Prophets ('it's the song we'd go out to'(
  • 'Air Hostess' and 'Year 3000' Busted ('the only band that everyone liked, for the cheese value')
  • 'Little Mermaid - Under the Sea' Disney ('we just played it for comedy value, we had a party with like ten of my friends and we were all dancing')
  • 'Time of Your Life' Green Day (General assent)
  • 'Mad World' Gary Jules
  • I Get Around' The Beach Boys ('in the summer you just drive around. You don't do anything.')
  • 'Little Star' Stina Nordenstam

Dan Rebellato

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home