Saturday, October 09, 2004

Sick of home?

Reading through the course handbook for the first time and seeing that we were going to be studying homesickness, took me back to my GCSE Drama lessons, when my class monologues were frequently about being away from home and missing somebody or something important in our lives.

Having been on a gap year, living away from home for 6 months, my own experience of homesickness has actually been quite different. I purposefully severed contact with my family for the first 2 months, being sick of home and the boredom and monotony that ruled my working life before I left. So having such sparse contact with my parents for so long, when I came home, I really appreciated being with my family.

Maybe looking at our theme in relation to the sickness of home would throw up even more ideas for our final production.

Annie Rook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home