Thursday, October 21, 2004

Saving Our Homes

On Sunday I went to the anti war demo in London, which was part of the European Social Forum. An organisation which congreagates every year in a major city in Europe, (last year it was Paris, the one before it was Florence). Their aim is to make people aware of the injustices going on around the world by having discussions, debates and lectures. People come from all over Europe to this event and it's amazing to see the passion and commtiment they have for their beliefs...

This is all very nice you may be thinking but what has it got to do with homelessness. I'll get to the point. At one point in the demo I was completely overwhelmed, because as I looked around me I saw the amazing mixture of people that were present. It didn't matter what social, religious, ethnic or historical background they came from, fundamentally we were all there to save the homes and the lives of people who we had never even met. I thought this was an incredibly beautiful and moving thought. Maybe something to reflect on?

Julia Angeli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home