Monday, October 04, 2004

A little thought for our piece... perhaps!

I was reading through the course handbook and while reading the various bullet points we are going to discuss in class I stopped on Bilingualism. I thought it would be interesting to use different languages in a piece, it reminded me of Suspect Culture, the way they 'distance/ confuse' the audience, the way they fragment bits of the story. For example, I immediately thought of the bit in Mainstream when they were talking simultaneously, we could maybe use a similar technique but with languages, you know, showing the 'distance' (homesickness!!)?

It's just a thought..

Dana Karic

1 Comments:

Blogger danrebellato said...

Thanks Dana, I think this is a great idea - in fact, I meant to ask today: how many languages other than English do people speak - to whatever standard - in this group? It would be very interesting to play the different textures and musicality of different language against each other.

6:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home