Thursday, October 07, 2004

Leaving Our Mark

I really enjoyed the Monday lesson and I felt that we explored an interesting aspect of homesickness. I wanted to re-inforce what Alice said about liminal spaces, because an audience may see these movements and think that there's no explanation behind it. But, in reality we are all moving across the world to a place that we once connected with, a place that (hopefully), we felt safe in and in the mean time we are leaving a trace, almost like a magnetic force from one area to the next. Speaking for my-self, I can never detach my-self completely from my previous 'homes' and I find my-self being drawn to them once more, either because my mind wanders back there or because I see something which reminds me of a previous house we lived in….
Hope we can incorporate what we did this week in some way in the final performance.

Does any one feel the same?

Julia Angeli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home