Monday, October 18, 2004

The Key Ingredient

I just wanted to talk a little bit about some things that I thought about.
  • I was thinking about the things that remind me of 'home': cooking- the smell, ok... but the actual act of cooking is something I associate with home... whichever kitchen I feel comfortable in, i feel like it is a 'homely' place. For example, one of my best friends' house feels comfortable, because I know it, I know the kitchen, I know where the chinese lemon tea is, I know where the rubbish bin is, I know how the shower works, where the glasses are: it's the familiarity that makes a place 'homely', i guess?
  • I really enjoyed our class today, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it when we did the play in different languages, and the made up language was so great, aswell!! It sounded so beautiful, so universal, it was so great how different the languages were but people still actually got the gist of it! that was great! I loved it!
Don't know about you guys, but i really really love this bit:
  • this is a little bit weird (and dont think i am completely insane) but... ok, i am a huge fan of Star Trek and i was thinking about the different cultures, lanugages, modes of communication. Don't you guys think that maybe language doesn't have to be something which we can hear? Perhaps we should explore the PHYSICAL modes of communication? I don't know exactly where im going with this but it just reminded me of our theme.
People help each other feel comfortable, feel at home... perhaps PEOPLE, and our relationships with them, are the key ingredient in making something, some place feel like HOME.
Dana Karic


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home