Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Huis-sick

I managed to ring my mum up and find out about the words needed in Afrikaans:
  • Home = huis
  • Sick = sick, pronounced 'suck'
  • Like many other languages there is not an actual word for homesickness'.

I was thinking about all the suggestions for our final performance and the music idea really fascinated me. I think that at some point in the piece to either break up sections or be on its own in complete darkness, every person could sing or hum their own 'homely' songs gradually rising in volume. This could sound really distorted and make quite a good impact. Also, the quotes that Dan has been collecting could be said by the relevant person to open a section of the performance to aid the understanding of the audience.

Kelly Barton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home