Sunday, October 17, 2004

Getting adjusted to the new "home"

A really important aspect of homesickness is, I think, getting over it. I believe that as we will be dealing with homesickness in the next few weeks, we really should incorporate the element of overcoming it. We could demonstrate homesickness as a sequence, rather than one single condition. Dealing with the problem (if it really is a problem, it depends on how each of us reacts to it) and defeating it, would be one of the last parts/steps of the sequence.

These ideas occured to me while reflecting on that exercise we were doing yesterday, when we swapped "homes" and everyone had to live new experiences with the "alien" object (that in our case, belonged to someone else) and try to adjust to the new environment.

Also, as two weeks have past already, I've been noticing a change in me as well. I've started having little routines for small things (like making coffee in the morning) which I didn't have in my previous home, and that, I think, is helping me adjust and deal with homesickness. It's all about the little things, don't you think?

Elina Pissiotti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home